1. Writers’ Theatre has added another week onto the already-extended The Real Thing. It'll now run through December 4.
2. The Goodman has finished casting their winter show Race. It'll be Patrick Clear (King Lear) as Charles; Marc Grapey (Dead Man's Cell Phone at Steppenwolf Theatre Company) as Jack; Geoffrey Owens (Opus at Two River Theater Company) as Henry and Tamberla Perry (In the Next Room or the vibrator play at Victory Gardens Theater) as Susan. Tickets go on sale December 2.
3. Chicago Plays has a very thorough list of all of this year's Halloween shows for your viewing pleasure.
4. Here's The A.V. Club guide to getting into comedy in Chicago, with comments from some real life success stories, like Kelsie Huff, Hannibal Burress, Greg Hess, Ian Belknap and Scott Whitehair. They comment on the literary gatherings, sketch, improv and stand-up scenes, with nary a mention of our delightful WBEZ folk. Snubbed!
5. Playwright Christina Anderson talks about her piece Man in Love, going up at Steppenwolf as part of their First Look series. She started it when she was at Yale Drama, and in the interview, she largely comments on the unique nature of writing a piece for the people you are given.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.