1. It wouldn't be a good week without a good new theater-related Tumblr. Sad Playwright is fresh off the presses, and churning out lots of awesome pictures of playwrights who have to be sad because theater is a sad, unprofitable pastime. From my brief foray into the site, it appears that there are few Chicago playwrights (an appearance is made by Adrienne Dawes), and most of the submissions have come from New Yorkers. Get a new job guys! Or just use this site to sneakily promote yourself to people who already would probably know who you are.
2. Want to know how to get the best seats in Chicago? Read this piece. Most of it is common sense, but the basic message is: Don't just take what you're given. Fight for your right to parrrrrtay.
3. Dave Urlakis and Sean Cusick are bringing their revue Urlakis & Cusick to Stage 773 starting next week. It's funny. If you've seen their Youtube stuff Awkward Spaceship, you'll know what you're in for. Justin Kaufmann, expert on all that is comedy, says, "Sean's funny. He used to have a loft on Lincoln Avenue that we partied at a lot."
4. The Paper Machete gets an extensive shout-out in The A.V. Club as part of their "It Still Moves" series that looks at stuff that's been around that you should pay attention to. And while you're at it, just listen to the new podcast, which is all Halloween-ed out, because you have not had enough, no you have not.
5. And yes it's that season again: The Nutcracker is back at the Joffrey, starting December 9. Relieve those ballerina dreams you never ever even got close to fulfilling. This year is especially special, because it's the 25th anniversary.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.