1. 'Tis the season for holiday parties, and holiday parties are really holiday fundraisers, and that really just means your favorite non-profit theater is asking for money. Why does this always come in the form of a letter with terrible fonts? We love you guys. Festive times does not call for festive fonts, though I may be the minority on that one. Get your fonts straight.
2. American Idiot tickets go on sale tomorrow.
3. The Neo-Futurists have added dates to their pretty cool sounding show Burning Bluebeard. Those extra performances will be Tuesday, December 20; Wednesday, December 21 and Wednesday, December 28.
4. UP is holding auditions for Next UP!, their comedy showcase in early January. Bonus of doing that: Whoever wins Next UP! will open for an unnamed headliner at the club in the future. But this isn't a normal audition; you can submit through Facebook and the best eight will make it. If you don't trust your fate to the fickle internet masses, audition in person on January 3. BUT if you don't win online, you can try in person. So while this new venture is definitely not what you've come to expect from Second City, it's still pretty structured.
5. Check out an image from Steppenwolf for Young Adults' final show for the 2011/12 season, fml: how Carson McCullers saved my life. It opens in February.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.