1. Ben Bailey, the non-Chicago host of Cash Cab is in town for the opening of UP. He did an interview with The A.V. Club, but does not address whether or not there will be a Sharks v. Jets style street battle with former Chicago Cash Cab host Beth Melewski.
2. Cabaret with a View is at Millenium Park on March 12 at 7:30 p.m. will have Paul Oakley Stovall and Brad Simmons in “The Next Best Thing to Love.” Stovall is currently in Invisible Man at Court; Simmons was the musical director of Lysistrata Jones and was in Camp.
3. Paramount Theatre brings Southern Fried Chicks ("the top-grossing all-female comedy tour on the road today" on March 3 ONLY. Expect female comics.
4. A long time from now (but it's really scary, so be careful to pay attention) the Chicago Zombie Pub Crawl will spread its wrath all over Chicago for the fifth year in a row! Yes, people have been doing this for five years. Registration starts March 1, and costs $20.
5. Chicago Opera Theater has a new ticket program where they'll sell 100 tickets to each performance of their shows for $25 (limit two per household). It's called 100@25, and are first-come, first-serve. “I think it’s important that everyone gets to enjoy Chicago Opera Theater, and not just back in the ‘cheap seats,’” said General Director Brian Dickie in a statement. “Part of our mission has always been to make opera accessible, and 100@25 just expands our reach into the community.”
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.