Photo by Fooferkitten via Flickr
A colleague of mine is working on a new series for A & E, part cooking and part design-related. Here's the show in a nutshell: they're going‚ to surprise a frustrated gourmet - someone who has a‚ real‚ passion for cooking but is trapped in an‚ awful‚ kitchen - with a brand new one. There are a couple of other surprises along the way - which‚ they can't divulge - that will make it a real treat for a true foodie/amateur gourmet. They are currently booking 6 episodes, one of which will be shot in Chicago.
Here's the official casting call:
CASTING NEW KITCHEN MAKEOVER SHOW - FREE KITCHEN!
Do you have a friend or loved one who has a real passion for all things food -eating, restaurants, chefs, and especially cooking - but is trapped in an outdated, nonfunctional and really ugly kitchen? Now's your chance to nominate him/her to receive a kitchen worthy of a gourmet chef for free! We are currently casting dynamic homeowners who love to cook but are in desperate need of a completely new kitchen. We're also looking for you...our accomplice in this mission. If selected, you would help our team install a state-of-the-art kitchen for the frustrated foodie in your life. If you're interested in nominating a cook and being a part of our exciting new show, please email us the following information:
- Your name, address, phone number, occupation, age and relationship to nominee
- Your nominee's name, address, occupation and age
- Photo of you (2 pictures max)
- Photo of nominee (2 pictures max)
- Photos of the nominee's kitchen (3 pictures max)
- Tell us why you are nominating this person.‚ We want to hear about his/her love of cooking - favorite type of food to cook, favorite restaurants, favorite chefs - and what she/he doesn't like about their current kitchen.‚ The more personality/detail the better!
Only submissions including all of the above will be considered. Our email address is firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be shooting in NYC, Boston, Atlanta, Philadelphia, New Haven, Washington D.C. and Chicago. Be sure to put the name of your CITY in the subject line.
ACT NOW. We're casting the series IMMEDIATELY!
So good luck, and hey, if you or your friend get the new kitchen, you have to invite me over for the premiere dinner!