Here are the rules for this year:
"Produce a short audio story (2 -3 minutes) that features at least two of your neighbors, includes a color in the title, and contains three consecutive seconds of narrative silence. Stories of all styles are welcome – from documentary to drama - and everything in between."
There you have it. If a deeper identification and insight into what it's like to be Jad Abumrad isn't enough incentive, there are also prizes you could win:
- Four submissions will be selected by Third Coast and EveryBlock, as the 2012 ShortDocs Winners. Producers win a trip to Chicago (most expenses paid) to present their ShortDocs at the opening session of the Third Coast Conference in Evanston (right up the road from Chicago), October 5th - 7th.
- Winners get a free, one-year, SoundCloud Pro Plus account (worth ~$650)
- First 20 submitters receive a free, one-year, SoundCloud Solo account (worth ~$90)
- All submissions will be posted at SoundCloud (where listeners can comment and share with their friends) and live permanently on this site.
- All producers will be added to the Third Coast Producer Index, and their stories will show up on our handsome interactive ShortDocs map.
- Many submissions will air on our weekly radio show Re:sound.
- Many will be featured at listening events around the world.
Previous post in The BEZ