* From WBEZ's Tony Arnold: NRA lobbyist says "There will be no ... local rules about where you can or cannot carry."
* And yet, time's running out for the state to draft a concealed weapons law.
* Emanuel's solution to Chicago's violence includes new $50 million fundraising drive for city's poorest kids.
* The Tribune's John Kass: Why is New York's pro-gun-control Mayor Bloomberg "butting his way into Chicago politics"?
* Vice President Biden: Want to protect yourself? "Get a double-barrel shotgun."
* 10 social media moments that shaped the gun-control debate.
* @Jeep jacked, too.
* MTV and BET fake their own twitjackings.
* Twitter's blog: "Best practices" for passwords.
* All Things D: "... And there’s probably more to come."
* Andy Ihnatko: "If any of you is driving a vintage Ford Pinto ... get a Java bumper sticker for it."
* What is a "zero-day attack"?
* Columbia University prof under review after stripping, showing 9/11 video during quantum mechanics class, where student catches it on video.
* Website glitches suspend Chicago Marathon online registration until at least Thursday.
* Chicago passes on 2024 Olympics candidacy.
* Suggestions for this blog? Email anytime.
* Get this blog by email, free. Sign up here.
* Follow us on Twitter: @WBEZ and @Meyerson.
* Looking for the most recent WBEZ Meyerson News Quiz? Here you go.
Previous post in Charlie Meyerson