'YOU CAN CERTAINLY UNDERSTAND THE ALDERMAN NOT WANTING ANYONE MAKING A BUS SHELTER THEIR HOME, BUT YOU HAVE TO QUESTION THE VALUE OF ... A $200 FINE.' Sun-Times columnist Mark Brown takes a closer look at a Chicago alderman's assertion that he seeks to "help" the homeless.
* Chicagoist: "We know Cappleman won't stoop to dropping live grenades in food trucks, but ..."
* City's long-term plan: No one left homeless.
BUT -- BUT -- WE STILL HAVE SOME LEFT OVER FROM LAST WEEK! And yet, more snow's on the way.
* Up to 10 inches by midweek?
* A bad week for this nine-day headache on the CTA.
* Still, it's better than tornadoes.
* In Washington, the Post blogs on "snowquester."
* New York Times shuts its Green blog.
YEAH, CHICAGO HAS A 'PROJECT BATMAN.' Chicago's analytics director, Tom Schenk Jr. — who kinda looks like Bruce Wayne, doesn't he? — tells a gathering of journalists, programmers and government leaders the city's working with the University of Illinois at Chicago to visualize crime data in a 3-D virtual reality "cave."
WELCOME TO CHICAGO, NEW YORK'S 6TH BOROUGH. The woman most likely to replace Jesse Jackson Jr., representing Chicago's South Side in Congress, is State Rep. Robin Kelly -- the winner of yesterday's Democratic primary and the choice of New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg, whose political fund spent millions to help her win.
* The Nation: Defeated candidate Halvorsen "undone by her association with the NRA."
A 'sorry' blog post:
'CRUDE AND OFFENSIVE ... SENSELESS, HUMORLESS ...' That's the way The Onion CEO Steve Hannah describes a tweet about young Oscar nominee Quvenzhané Wallis during Sunday's ceremonies -- a tweet taken down within an hour, followed Monday morning by Hannah's apology promising "immediate steps to discipline those individuals responsible."
* American Journalism Review editor: Apology "was spot on."
Have you been paying attention? Honestly, it makes no difference. Because this quiz is rich with links directing you to places where you'll find the answers.
If, on the other hand, you're the sort of person who likes to complete these things unaided, we'll believe you if you tell us you answered without peeking.
Really, we will.