- Joan Cusack will be running the Dash for Detection 5K Walk/Run for Pancreatic Cancer Research this weekend, with potentially Charlie Sheen in attendance as well but not her brother John, reports the Chicago Tribune.
- Rob Riggle is at UP Friday, Saturday and Sunday of next weekend; tickets are $25. Other notable summer performances: Tasteful Nudes author Dave Hill at the end of June (listen to this interview with him from The Hairpin), He's Just Not That Into You author Greg Behrendt at the end of July.
- Boy that's a lot of promos and bad jokes back-to-back. Sorry NPH, this did not get me excited for the Tony's:
- WBEZ is hosting a panel to discuss how superheroes play out in mediums besides comic books this Friday at 7 pm at Victory Gardens.
- Apparently, The Marvin Gaye Story does a good job representing Gaye's shift from shy performer to someone with "intensely sexual stage presence", argues Hedy Weiss. As Gaye, actor Rashawn Thompson "...chooses to make one particular woman in the audience very happy. (There was no shortage of volunteers at the performance I attended.)"
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.