- Here is an interview by Richard Steele with playwright Luis Alfaro on Oedipus El Rey
- And here is a conversation from Afternoon Shift about Redmoon Theater Urban Interventions with co-artistic directors Jim Lasko and Frank Magueri.
- Here is a picture of some fantastic hats at the opening of Crowns; the production has been extended a week through August 12. Some performances will have special guest gospel singers, including vocalist Darius Brooks.
- You can get free tickets to the Chicago Dancing Festival a week from today, meaning you can start making reservations for the performances that require them. Tickets will be staggered depending on venue and there is a limit of two per person per event. "Note that of the six free events that make up this year’s Festival, three require tickets and three do not, meaning anyone and everyone has an opportunity to enjoy the dancing." The actual festival starts August 20.
- My First Time is still in full swing at Greenhouse Theater Center; this production comes from Broken Nose Theatre. It's about what you think it's about.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Previous post in Onstage/Backstage