Those cool kids at University of Chicago take part in an epic scavenger hunt each year, so legendary that Patricia Marx immortalized it in the New Yorker last year.
This year's hunt ended Sunday. Here were my favorite items from the full list
2. Jump the shark. Literally. Points based on length and vivacity of shark. [Up to 40 points]
11. Official swag from Arthur Andersen LLP, Lehman Brothers Inc., or Enron Corporation. [9 points]
14. Reanimate a dead invertebrate using nothing more than edible, common kitchen ingredients. [6 points]
20. Get an animal at the zoo to wave at you. [14 points]
24. Every girl needs a cocktail dress! Yours should hold at least a liter of Mai Tais. Keep it classy, though—we expect neither VPL nor VLP (visible liquid placement). [33.814 points]
27. It’s not about the money; we just find zeroes deeply and inexplicably appealing. Bring us the highest denomination banknote you can find in whatever currency you want.
…Read Full Entry