It's the Fourth of July long weekend so you're probably not at a loss for things to do. But do you really have all your to-do ducks in a row? Or is Monday going to come around with you saying "darn, wish I'd known about that!" Well, you're in luck. Today, "Eight Forty-Eight" is starting a new weekly segment that introduces you to some lesser known and perhaps more exotic ways to burn through your weekend. Music critic Althea Legaspi kicked things off.
• Music 01: Deadmau5 performs an outdoor dance party on Friday, July 2, along with Brazilian Girls at Stadium Green, beside Soldier Field.
• Music 02: Nocturna's 22nd anniversary, July 3. It's billed as the longest running "goth-oriented" night in the world. Scary Lady Sarah hosts. The former Chicagoan lives in
• Shop: Vintage Heaven is having its monthly big sale this Saturday. It is held at the not-for-profit arts organization, Heaven Gallery in
• Art: This is the final weekend to catch Mujeres de Juarez at National Museum of Mexican Art. The exhibit closes July 4. The exhibit highlights Mexican and Mexican-American artist installations relating to the more than 500 women killed in
• Eat: Though it has not opened yet, there are rumors that Stephanie Izard's the Girl and The Goat restaurant may be by this weekend. Izard is the winner of Top Chef a couple seasons ago.
Previous post in Eight Forty-Eight