Ooooh, the Bubbly Creek is oozing with freight train fluid today. It tastes like chicken. We love a freight train derailment! Those are the best derailments, because no one gets hurt. Well, except the thousand commuters who were late to work today. But seriously, who cares about them. We all get to enjoy a freight train derailment! Today, Todd Stroger follows Mayor Daley's lead with the Cook County budget address. My guess? He is going to institute a tax on freight train derailments. We will be tweeting live. One more note about plans to derail Venetian Night: Doesn't the night bring tens of thousands to the lakefront? Wouldn't it be smart to maybe kill off one of the downtown parades instead? I watched the Columbus Day parade - I think there were more people in the Navy Pier food court than those attending that parade. Kill it. We'll celebrate Columbus Day and Italian-American heritage at Venetian Night.
- Vaccine worries are hurting local schools. In lieu of the St. Charles high school closing, officials are holding out dwindling hope that vaccines will become available. Time is running out as the H1N1 starts to expand.
- Did you know there is a off-the-books TIF budget at City Hall? The Reader does.
- Forbes.com thinks we need to cut the fat on social media. They tweeted it.
- Ozzie is moving up in the world. He is going to be a Fox studio analyst for the World Series. $10 bucks says he drops the F-bomb on-air.‚ Spanish or English.
- And it looks like I'll have another source to steal link to. The Chicago News Cooperative‚ is starting up in Chicago. It's first partner? The New York Times.