- Just for Laughs happened! It must have been an exhausting week for those of us who weren't on vacation. Check out review round-ups from TimeOut, who seemed to be all over the place.
- The A.V. Club took the Second City walking tour and learned a lot of things.
- Plus, the e.t.c.'s new summer show is called We're All in This Room Together. They'd like you "to turn off your cell phone, log off Facebook and stop tweeting to attend a unique 21st century event featuring a diverse group of live people in one room physically interacting with one another. For two extraordinary hours, we will resist the compulsion to check our text messages, status updates and twitter feeds knowing that this special group of people will never come back together as one audience again - physically, philosophically or politically."
- The Waltzing Mechanics' EL Stories continues at the Greenhouse Theater, this time with a new cast of twelve actors through August 18.
- Teatro Vista and Collaboraction are collaborating, like Collaboraction does, on Yo Solo Festival of Latino Solo Shows, which features six pieces by the following Latino writers: Rey Andujar, Sandra Delgado, KJ Sanchez, Lisandra Tena, Juan Francisco Villa and Febronio Zatarain. Previews start July 26 and the show closes August 12. "From historic land battles in New Mexico, to Chicago through the eyes of Mexican immigrants, to Colombia in the 1940's, Yo Solo is an event that will display the breadth of talent and the rich complexity of each individual performer as they bring their own personal experiences to the stage, collectively creating a beautiful collage about the Latino experience. In addition to six terrific solo performance pieces, live music and visual art installations will add to Yo Solo's festival vibe."
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.