WTWIYC/WTWOYC for Tuesday, August 3, 2012
We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
Tuesday, August 6, 2012
There's no "No" in "I want to watch it at work":
- The USA is dominating basketball, STILL. Watch the women in the quarterfinals against Canada at 8 a.m., if you're an early riser.
- Semifinals for men's and women's volleyball roll mostly all day today.
There's no "No" in "I will no matter what":
- The actual end of gymnastics is today, with men's parallel bars and high bar and women's balance beam and floor all at 8 a.m.
- Does this not sound amazing?: "The synchronized swimming duet event concludes with a free routine (final)." Free synchonized swimming = utter chaos in my imagination.
- More track finals at 12:50 p.m.
Something to motivate you at the gym if you were good and made it there:
- The men's 3m springboard diving final will be so much easier to understand in primetime when they make it abundantly clear who you're supposed to be rooting for.
- DRESSAGE. The best name. However, it's at 4 a.m. our time.
- Sailing medals at 6 a.m.
Just too tiring to even bother:
- Triathalon at 5 a.m. Yeah, that'll go on for awhile.