'I’D RATHER BE THE 500TH MOST IMPORTANT PERSON IN CHICAGO THAN THE KING OF CANADA.' Neil Steinberg reacts in the Sun-Times to news the population of Toronto is now larger than Chicago's.
* Also in Chicago's favor: We have the Blackhawks.
* And a citywide bike swap.
* And Peter Sagal of "Wait Wait...Don't Tell Me!" (but not when he was 25 years old).
* And dead body photos.
* The Onion: "Bostonians buzz about their daily routines in a delightful hubbub of excitement as if they lived in a major American metropolis."
'A LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN.' That's one community activist's response to a Sun-Times analysis that concludes 9 in 10 of the Chicago Public School students potentially affected by school closings this year are black.
* Commission report: Chicago can sustain closure of 80 schools – more than seven times the maximum yearly total so far.
* Protesters gather outside Uptown alderman's office to oppose "War on the Poor."