Now in its fourth year, Chicago Restaurant Week (Feb. 18 - 27) was originally created to help generate business at a typically slow time of year. This time around, more than 200 restaurants will be offering a 3-course prix-fixe meal for the same price -- $22 for lunch, and $33/$44 for dinner. Beverages, tax, and tip not included.
Looking over this year's list, I picked the best of the group, but also, the ones where an entrée typically runs well into, if not beyond, the $20 range, which will hopefully result in a substantial savings for you.
1. Naha, 500 North Clark Street, 312-321-6242 (available lunch and dinner)
2. Topolobampo, 445 North Clark Street, 312-661-1434 (during lunch only)
3. Vie, 4471 Lawn Avenue, Western Springs, 708-246-2082 (dinner)
4. Blackbird, 619 W. Randolph, 312-715-0708 (at lunch and dinner)
5. Joe's Seafood, Prime Steak and Stone Crab, 60 East Grand Avenue, 312-379-5637 (at lunch and dinner)
Coco Pazzo (lunch and dinner), Mirai (dinner), The Lobby at the Peninsula (lunch and dinner), BOKA (dinner), Sepia (lunch and dinner), Shaw's Crab House (lunch and dinner), Terzo Piano (lunch), Zealous (dinner)