1. Hannibal Buress, again. I'm sorry guys -- but this time I just have to plug Mark Bazer's excellent interviews with him for The Interview Show, as well as Buress' old interview with Brian Babylon that aired on 848 this morning. It's all archival, but if it's new to you....
2. About Face Theatre Company is looking for interns in marketing and public relations, management, and development and special events. Email Andrew Cutler at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 15 to make your dreams come true.
3. David Axelrod will be on the upcoming season of Chicago Live! on July 28. Remember David? He was senior advisor to President Obama. He'll be joined by Poetry Slam Founder Marc Smith, and the understudies for Tony and Maria on West Side Story, Cary Tedder and Kathryn Lin Terza. The new season launches July 21; Chicago Live! is a weekly live stage show for WGN at The Chicago Theatre.
4. Megan Stielstra has a great story for Chicago Plays that seriously, will make you believe in the power of love and good waitresses. But what does this have to do with theater? She argues that theater tells stories that make us want to relate back and think of our stories. She also thanks waitressing for adding to her theater experience: "So, on behalf of us all, I’d like to say thank you to service industry for helping us pay our rent and live our dreams; for allowing us the flexibility to audition and finish projects; for giving our audiences the space to discuss our art over yummy food; for our after parties (!); for coffee; for wine; and, most of all, the lifelong friendships."
5. The Actors' Equity Association has announced that Kathryn V. Lamkey, Assistant Executive Director/Central Regional Director, is retiring. She'll end her work December 29, 2011, after 25 years, and AEA is looking for her replacement.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.