1. Bob Bullen is spreading his influence far and wide in Chicago theater; his first piece for the Huffington Post covers three recommendations from the past month in theater.
2. Chicago Opera Theater's 38th Anniversary Gala: A Celebration Less Ordinary is Saturday March 11. They'll be honoring General Director Brian Dickie, hand out the first Brian Dickie Outstanding Young Singer Award. The whole thing will be hosted and feature performances by Sylvia McNair.
3. The Chicago Fringe Festival has named Vincent Lacey as Executive Director; he replaces Sarah Mikayla Brown, "who will transition into a new logistical role with the Festival, focusing on patron and artist relations." Lacey was formerly Managing Director of the festival, which takes place August 30 to September 9 in Pilsen.
4. "Anyone who doesn’t like Jerry Seinfeld is an a**hole," writes Jenna Marotta for TimeOut following Seinfeld's run at the Akoo Theatre. Well then!
5. You (may have) voted for the first annual 2011 Honor Awards. Now the results are in, but El Nogalar at the Goodman and Hamlet from DreamLogic Theatreworks were (as far as my bleary eyes can count) the only two shows to rack up more than one award.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.