Hooray! World Music Festival Chicago 2013 is just around the corner and Radio M has your sneak preview. Tonight, just a small sampling of the more than 70 performances that will happen in about 20 venues throughout the city. This year's fest has music from Finland, Iran, Ethiopia, Colombia, Ireland, India, Pakistan, Poland, Ukraine, and many more countries.
A link to the full schedule is here:
It's going to be 11 days of musical bliss! Get a head start on Radio M.
World Music Festival Preview Playlist 09-06
- Eddie Palmieri Salsa Orchestra- Malaguena Salerosa- El Rumbero del Piano
- Dakha Brakha – Sukhiy Dub- Light
- Dos Santos Anti Beat Orchestra- La Diablera- Elevator Sol Sessions Vol. 1.1
- Noura Mint Seymali- Karr- Azawan EP
- Sidi Toure- L’eau(The Water)- Alafia
- Cedric Watson et Bijou Creole- Musicien Avec un Coeur Casse- Creole Moon
- We Banjo 3- Gonna Write Me a Letter- Roots of the Banjo Tree
- Amjad Ali Khan- Truth Begins- Sarod Symphony
- Leni Stern Africa Trio An Saba- Sabani
- Tal National – Zigda- Kaani
- Palenka Soultribe- El Makako- Makako EP
- Baladino- Dos Amantes- Baladino
- Aditya Prakash Ensemble- Soham- The Hidden
- Joan Soriano- Maria Elena- El Duque de la Bachata
- Leila Gobi- Ali Ber- Menaka
- Krar Collective- Wello- Ethiopia Super Krar
- Lula Cruza- Pensar Bonita- Do Pretty!
- Qawal Najmuddin Saifuddin & His Brothers- Phool Khilay- Live at Cadogan Hall