Indiana's secretary of state may be forced out of his job. A judge has ruled Charlie White wasn't eligible to run for office last year.
At issue is White's residency. According to the Marion County judge's ruling, White was living at a few different residences leading up to his run for Secretary of State in 2010. He was even sleeping in his car at some points during the campaign.
The judge determined White registered incorrectly at the time the Republican filed paperwork to run for office.
A.J. Feeney-Ruiz, a spokesman for White's office, said Friday the judge's ruling will likely be appealed.
"The Secretary of State is still the Secretary of State, will continue to be the Secretary of State and continue to do the work of the Secretary of State as he has done and as he will continue to do," he said.
Meantime, the judge decided White's Democratic opponent, who came in second with 37 percent of the vote, should take over the office.
On an unrelated matter, White also faces a criminal trial for voter fraud.
Previous post in Politics