GA $10 online; kids under 12 are free. Workshop tickets range from $35-90 online
725 W Roosevelt Rd.
Join WBEZ at the Good Food Festival & Conference which is celebrating its 10 Year Anniversary with a family-friendly day of inspiring speakers, DIY workshops, chef demos featuring Rick Bayless, Paul Virant and Erling Wu-Bower, an interactive Kids Corner, and the trade show floor, all designed to grow the Good Food Movement!
- Good Food Master Class on butchering and meat curing with author Michael Ruhlman and chef Brian Polcyn.
- Learn to make your own bar infusions and bitters
- Get a start on home brewing
- Gather gardening advice and seeds
- Take the Urban Farm Bus Tour to see the city’s innovative urban agriculture in action.
Don't forget to bring the kids for lots of tasty samples on the trade show floor and food-related activities in the Kids Corner. Make sure to meet our local farmers in the CSA Farmers Pavilion and shop for your season’s meat and vegetable CSA share. And, of course, sit down for lunch in the Good Food Court and cruise the Good Food Commons for micro-workshops on everything from backyard chickens to composting tips.
Don't miss the kick off event Friday night: Localicious.
For tickets and more info: GoodFoodFestivals.com