Chicago Public Media
To volunteer for any one of the 22 Community Projects we have planned, CLICK HERE!
Join friends and fans of WBEZ and Chicago Cares to support our region by volunteering for service projects. From clean ups to painting schools to community gardening to work at food pantries - last year we engaged just over 200 volunteers for over 1,000 hours of service. This year we hope to make the two-day event bigger and better!
Changes this year:
- Dates moved to May 30-31. Friday and Saturday.
- Planning to include additional projects, Community Champions and volunteers.
- Projects in the suburbs as well as the city proper.
What's the same?
- Still sourcing projects from listeners and members who have heart for a project or organization
- Still working closely with Chicago Cares - without their expertise this event could not happen!
- Still partnering with the Moth for a culminating event where volunteers and staff get to tell their story about "How I Helped."
The Moth StorySLAM will take place on May 31st, after all the hard work has been completed. This time, we're doing the show at Martyr's--doors open at 5pm, show at 6pm, out by 8pm. For those folks who volunteer or lead projects, you will get free admission to the StorySLAM. Everyone else, it's $8 at the door.
Thanks to everyone who participated last year and made our first Day of Service such a success. Hope to see you again soon!
Thank you also to our Partners and Sponsors!