|Date/Time||Thu, Aug 18 @ 7:00 PM – 8:30 PM|
Between the pandemic, remote learning, school work and social media, Chicago students have lots to be stressed about. Ahead of the 2022-2023 school year, WBEZ and Illinois Latino News are aiming to help parents prepare to keep their kids healthy while learning. This virtual event will be built based on survey responses from Chicago parents.
We’ll include as many of your questions as possible in the virtual panel discussion on August 18. Our goal is to give you the information and resources you need to start the next school year off on the right foot!
Our panelists for the event are:
- Myra Rodriguez - Community Health Supervisor, Association House
- Dr. Tara Gill - Psychologist and Mental Health Consultant, Lurie Children’s Hospital Center for Childhood Resilience
- Catherine Whitfield Martin - Principal, Charles Sumner Math and Science Academy
- Brian Coleman - Counselor, Jones College Prep; President, Illinois School Counselor Association
- Lucia del Rincon Martinez - Trauma Therapist, La Rabida Children’s Hospital Chicago Child Trauma Center