Five Things To Do In Chicago Over Labor Day Weekend
Labor Day weekend is almost upon you. What will you do with your three days of freedom before the unofficial end of summer? And what businesses and events are even open on Labor Day?
Morning Shift talks to Erica Watson, comedian and contributor to Windy City Live and The Jam.
She’s got recommendations for fun things to do all over Chicago:
- Want to eat your fill of lobster? The Great American Lobster Fest is this weekend at Navy Pier.
- Visit the African Festival of the Arts in Washington Park for art, music, food, and street vendors from all over the African diaspora.
- If you’re not with family for Labor Day, the Godfrey Hotel is hosting a Day Party on their rooftop bar.
- For those of you who want something a little more family-friendly, Boxville is hosting a Sunday fun day this weekend. Boxville is a farmer’s market in the Bronzeville neighborhood constructed entirely out of old shipping crates. Come out for live music and fruits and veggies of all kinds.
- Finally, for all the jazz fans in our audience, the 40th annual Chicago Jazz Festival concludes this weekend at Millennium Park.
GUEST: Erica Watson, comedian, contributor to Windy City Live and The Jam
LEARN MORE: Great American Lobster Fest
Day Party at the Godfrey Hotel