Essential Oils: Science or Snake Oil?
Check out the full transcript here.
- Rachel Herz’s books: Why You Eat What You Eat & The Scent of Desire
- A review of the benefits of peppermint tea and oil
- A critical review of the clinical trials
- Mark’s two studies showing that rosemary can enhance memory
- The experiment where lavender had different effects depending on what the people expected it to do
Credits: This episode was produced by Meryl Horn, with help from Wendy Zukerman, Rose Rimler and Odelia Rubin. Our senior producer is Kaitlyn Sawrey. We’re edited by Blythe Terrell and Caitlin Kenney. Fact checking by Michelle Harris and Rose Rimler. Mix and sound design by Emma Munger. Music by Emma Munger and Bobby Lord. A huge thanks to all the researchers we got in touch with for this episode - including Ryan Dalton, Elaine Elisabetsky, Belinda Hornby, Diane McKay, and Thomas Cleland. Also thanks to the Zukerman Family and Joseph Lavelle Wilson.