Episode 107 (Roots and Branches and Wind-Borne Seeds)
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, from PRX, a curated network of extraordinary, story-driven shows.
- We open with Mary Lattimore's Jimmy V. I love Mary Lattimore.
- We hit Hatian guitarist Frantz Casseus' Lullaby from 1954 a few times.
- We hear Drifting, by Matthew Robert Cooper.
- And A Fool Persists by Infinite Body.
- The two piano things are Open Window - For Piano by Yuichiro Fujimoto, and Pale by Akira Kosemura.
- We also hear Gareth Dickson's Friday Night Fever for a bit.
- I learned about Ynes while flipping idly through the 1974 edition of Notable American Women: A Biographical Dictionary (volume II, G-O, incidentally), "prepared under the Auspices of Radcliffe College," as it says on the frontispiece.
- By far the most comprehensive thing I read was biography for young readers called Ynes Mexia: Botanist and Adventurer by Durlynn Anema.