Episode 118 (On the Shores of Assawompset)
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, from PRX, a curated network of extraordinary, story-driven shows.
- Musica Seqenza play Schreza Infida
- Frederico Durand plas Lluvia de Estrellas
- The Martin Hayes Quintet plays The Boy in the Gap
- East Forest by Provenance
- There's a bit of Madame Ovary from Bensi and Jurriaans and Christine
- It finishes on Three Dances: II. Pavane from Chromo Tuba Quartet
- Thanksgiving: The Biography of an American Holiday by James W. Baker and Peter J. Gomes sent me first down a Charlotte Mitchell rabbit hole.
- History of Plymouth, Norfolk, and Barnstable Counties, Massachusetts by Elroy S. Thompson
- History of the Town of Lakeville, 1852-1952 by Gladys De Maranville (which you probably own all ready but, here it is anyway).
- Indian History, Genealogy, Pertaining to the Good Sachem, Massasoit and his Descendants by Ebenezer Weaver Pierce.
- The great, The Name of War: King Philip's War and the Origins of American Identity, by Jill Lepore.
- Massasoit of the Wamponoags: With Commentary on the Indian Character, by Alvin Gardner Weeks
- "Baby Pilgrims, Sturdy Forefathers, and One Hundred Percent Americanism: the Mayflower Tercentenary of 1920," by Christine Arnold-Lourie in the Massachusetts Historical Review.
- "The Daughter of a King," by Mike Maddigan in Southcoast Today.
- "The Last of the Wamponoags," by Charles T. Scott in New England Magazine, vol. 33.
- I also looked at a number of news paper articles, most found at Newspapers.com through the expected search terms.