The Met Residency Episode 1: Recent Acqusition
Nate DiMeo is the Metropolitan Museum of Art's Artist in Residence for 2016/2017. He is producing ten pieces inspired by the collection and by the museum itself. This is the first episode of that residency.
This residency is made possible by the Metropolitan Museum of Art’s Chester Dale Fund.
This episode is written and produced and stuff by Nate DiMeo with engineering assistance from Kathy Tu and research assistance from Andrea Milne. Its Executive Producer is Limor Tomer, General Manager of Concerts & Lectures, The Metropolitan Museum of Art.
The Art Discussed
If you can't be at the museum to listen to this episode, you might want to take a look at:
* Dance in a Subterranean Longhouse at Clearlake, California, Jules Tavernier, 1878.
* The Rocky Mountains, Lander's Peak, Albert Bierstadt, 1868
* Washington Crossing the Delaware Emmanuel Leutze, 1851
* We hear, ">"Prelude for a Single Snowflake Under Streetlight, Falling Like a Star," "The View from a Foggy Window, or Your Head in the Clouds with a Fever," and "Origami Guitar," from Lullatone.
* We hear, ">"Entering Darwin," "On the Atlantic Ocean," "Popcorn and Life," "Shut up World," and "Turning Sixteen" from Ben Sollee.
* ">Wien, by Labradford plays beneath the credits.
Special thanks to Gabe Hilfer of Full Pursuit Media.
and to Dr. Elizabeth Kornhauser and Ariana Baurley at the Met.
* Chronicling the West for Harper's: Coast to Coast with Frezeny & Tavernier by Claudine Chalmers.
* Jules Tavernier Artist and Adventurer from Scott A. Shields, Alfred C. Harrison, Jr. and Claudine Chalmers.
The Memory Palace is a proud member of Radiotopia, from PRX, a curated network of extraordinary, story-driven shows. Learn more at radiotopia.fm.