On this episode of the Barbershop Show, we discuss the many faces of gentrification after Spike Lee’s rant earlier this week about gentrification in Brooklyn went viral. We welcome to the show:
• Christyn S. Henson, New Communities Program Director at Quad Communities Development Corporation.
• J. Brian Malone, Executive Director of the Kenwood Oakland Community Organization (KOCO)
• Bernard Loyd, a developer in Bronzeville
• Nelson Soza, Executive Director of The Pilsen Alliance
• Eric Lynch, who plays “Jackson” in the Goodman Theatre’s current production of “Buzzer”. The play runs until March 9th.
Tune in Fridays at noon on www.vocalo.org | 90.7fm (Chi) | 89.5fm (Nwi).
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, stories and insider events.
You’ve signed up to receive emails. Please check your email for a welcome confirmation.