This week on the Barber Shop Show, we heard about a project through the Jane Addams Hull House Museum called “Making the West Side: Community Conversations on Neighborhood Change". Though a series of community programs, Hull House is working to document and celebrate the West Side: Past, Present, and Future.
For that discussion, we heard from:
• Jennifer Scott, Director of the Jane Addams Hull House Museum
• Yolanda Knight, Program Officer at the Steans Family
Foundation. Plus, we heard from
• Rufus Williams, CEO of BBF Family Services.
Plus, we’ll revisit a story about business owners that hide their blackness for the sake of their bottom line.
For that conversation, host Richard Steele spoke with:
• Cheryl V. Jackson, Business and features journalist at the Tribune
• and Joni Jackson, assistant professor of marketing at Chicago State University.
The Barber Shop Show airs live on Fridays at Noon on Vocalo 91.1FM. You can also stream live at vocalo.org. In addition, the show rebroadcasts on Saturdays at 9am on 91.1FM and on Sundays at 3pm on WBEZ 91.5FM
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, stories and insider events.
You’ve signed up to receive emails. Please check your email for a welcome confirmation.