The Police Accountability Task Force made a number of recommendations for reform in their report. We heard about an annotated digital version of the report that’s tracking progress made on the recommendations. For that discussion, we heard from:
• Independent journalist Ade Emmanuel, who wrote an article for Chicago Magazine about a series of Chicago Police contract provisions. The provisions were heavily criticized in the Police Accountability Task Force’s recent report.
We also heard from:
• Dan O'Neil of SmartChicago, and
• Darryl Holliday, editorial director of City Bureau.
Then, we heard about business owners that hide their blackness for the sake of their bottom line. For that conversation, we heard from:
• Cheryl V. Jackson, Business and features journalist at the Tribune
• and Joni Jackson, assistant professor of marketing at Chicago State University
The Barber Shop Show airs live on Fridays at Noon on Vocalo 91.1FM. You can also stream live at vocalo.org. In addition, the show rebroadcasts on Saturdays at 9am on 91.1FM and on Sundays at 3pm on WBEZ 91.5FM
Stay up-to-date with the latest news, stories and insider events.
You’ve signed up to receive emails. Please check your email for a welcome confirmation.