Josh Zagoren, the puppeteer behind Paper Machete Avian Op-Ed Columnist Chad the Bird, is stepping in this week to guest-host the whole shebang. Josh is a member of the puppet troupe Crash Pad, and the creator of the original musicals BAD GUYS IN SUITS and THE REGULARS produced by Hobo Junction.
1. Of all the award shows on television you’ve secretly hosted in your head, which one most closely resembles The Paper Machete?
A PRAIRIE HOME COMPANION but for hipsters…
2. If you could be watching any college football game this Saturday instead off guest-hosting The Paper Machete, it would be…
None, it’s the Halloween weekend and the Iowa Hawkeyes play Penn State the 28th so I’m free. Thanks for caring though.
3. In your entire schooling, what was the subject you in which you performed most poorly? Have you been required to demonstrate knowledge of that subject since?
Math and no. Never. Don’t ask me. Screw off.
4. a) Name your favorite GOP presidential candidate or fictional vampire, and give at least one sentence of explanation. b) Name your least favorite GOP presidential candidate or fictional vampire, and give at least one sentence of explanation.
The answer to all those question is Kristen Stewart.
5. As a member of the Chicago performance-art community, what lucrative career do you now wish you’d chosen to pursue instead?
Dude with Multi-Colored Dreds Who Lives In a Sweet Psychedelic Shack and Sells Boards on the Beach. Basically Captain Ron.
The Paper Machete is a weekly live magazine at the Horseshoe in North Center. It’s always at 3 pm, it’s always on Saturday, and it’s always free. Listen to the most recent The Paper Machete Radio Magazine here, or download it from iTunes here.