Daily Rehearsal: Casting for 'Angels in America' finished
1. It’s A Wonderful Life: The Radio Play, adapted from Frank Capra’s iconic film, and to be broadcast on WBEZ, will open November 26 at ATC. Milk and cookies in the lobby afterwards.
2. The League of Chicago Theatres has launched a new website called ChicagoSpaces.org, what they call "a comprehensive, searchable database of performing arts venues and rehearsal facilities in Chicagoland" that are available to rent. And it's free to use. The non-profit Fractured Atlas helped design the website.
3. The cast for Angels in America at Court Theatre in March has been announced. Directed by Charles Newell, that cast is as follows: Eddie Bennett (Louis Ironson), Mary Beth Fisher (Angel), Heidi Kettenring (Harper), Rob Lindley (Prior), Geoff Packard (Joseph Porter Pitt), Michael Pogue (Belize), Hollis Resnik (Hannah) and Larry Yando (Roy Cohn). The production is actually two - Millenium Approaches and Perestroika - the latter of which has been revised. Newell also directed everybody's favorite Court production Caroline, or Change, another Kushner show, so he knows what he's doing.
4. Bruschetta opened this past weekend at Appetite Theatre. It's a set of appetizers (GET IT?) or short plays directed by a variety of strong Chicago directors.
5. For the holiday season, the Chicago Human Rhythm Project (CHRP) is helping you save money on your ticket to their Global Rhythms shows while donating to a good cause. It's 10 percent off tickets, and then 50 percent off the remaining price, and that money goes to whatever your favorite nonprofit is. A list of the participating nonprofits is here. They want to sell at least half of their tickets this way and raise $60,000.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.