Daily Rehearsal: Many a Mother's Day deal
1. Motherhood the Musical® (don't ever forget that®) will be giving away doughnuts to mothers during their Mother's Day performances, plus Standard Market gift certificates. Drury Lane isn't doing the free thing, but for $32.95 (adults), $13.50 (children 6-12), $10.00 (children 3-5) you get a really, really delicious brunch. Like, my lunch is looking really unappealing right now delicious. Call 630-530-8300 for reservations. Oh and, while you're there, see Hairspray at 2 or 6 p.m. for an additional $45 or $40, respectively.
2. Rachel Dratch dishes with Steve Edwards on Afternoon Shift Monday.
3. The A.V. Club helps you get acquainted with Jon Benjamin before the comedian's shows this week at Schubas.
4. An interview with Adam McKay -- formerly of Chicago comedy fame now of Funny or Die/Apatow/Hollywood success -- was in this past weekend's Tribune.
5. Signal Ensemble Theatre's Hostage Song opens this weekend: "Bound and blindfolded in a war-torn country, two hostages take refuge in music, memory and each other in the Chicago premier of this provocative indie-rock musical." Of the production's launch in 2008 in New York, Charles Isherwood wrote, it was "hampered by the dramatic limitations of its conceit; time hangs heavily for these two. And in allowing the helium of comedy and the driving energy of rock music into the room, the show’s creators sacrifice the chance to extract all the gut-wrenching drama from this piteous situation."
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.