Daily Rehearsal: Many casting updates
- Steppenwolf ensemble member Mariann Mayberry is featured in this rather beautiful photo by Sandro (who we recently talked to for Afternoon Shift) as part of their advertising campaign for Good People, which opens in September.
- "Enter a world where men earn $0.77 for every $1.00 a woman earns. Enter a world where men are put upon pedestals and their rights are limited. Enter a world in which common knowledge says you should never trust an animal that doesn’t bleed." Go see Venus Envy from The Viable Theater Company at Charnel House also starting in September. Please note: "Show contains violence and mature themes. 18+ only."
- Porchlight has announced that Alexis J. Rodgers will play Billie Holiday in Lady Day at Emerson’s Bar and Grill. Other casting announcements include Adrian Aguilar and Susie McMonagle joining Pal Joey. And in the non-performance sector, Brandon Dahlquist and Bill Morey are joining the company as new Artistic Associates, as John Bucchino, Eric Bramlett, Hollis Resnik and L. Walter Stearns become Advisory Board Members.
- ComedySportz is hosting a comedy theater challenge this weekend: expect KC RedHeart to go up against ComedySportz's Chicago Bosses on Thursday. The Bosses will then find themselves pitted against Lumberjack Tsunami on Friday and C.L.O.A.K.A. on Saturday. Tickets are $22.
- Northlight Theatre's The Odd Couple has already had some important casting decisions made, but they've finished those out with the following: Danny Breen, Bruce Jarchow, William Dick, Molly Glynn, Marc Grapey, and Katherine Keberlein.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.