Daily Rehearsal: New season line-ups from Remy Bumppo and Timeline
1. News from the Lyric Opera: they're commissioning a new opera based on a best-selling book.
2. Remy Bumppo has announced the first full season under the helm of artistic director Nick Sandys. All eyes will be watching as, in their words, the "2012/2013 season is replete with the type of plays that the group has become renowned for producing, modern classics full of thought-provoking ideas, passionate debates, and sophisticated wit." The season theme is The Marriage Game: Truth and Consequence?, and the plays going up include Seascape by Edward Albee, George Bernard Shaw's You Never Can Tell and Creditors by August Strindberg. Subscriptions on sale at the end of March.
3. Another 2012-13 season announcement, this one from TimeLine: they're doing 33 Variations by Moisés Kaufman, the world premiere of Wasteland by Susan Felder, Concerning Strange Devices from the Distant West by Naomi Iizuka, and J.T. Rogers' Blood and Gifts.
4. It pays to be an American Express Cardmember, apparently; Book of Mormon tickets will go on sale for them only tomorrow at 10 am. Everyone else will have to wait until March 19.
5. And Broadway in Chicago brings more of the usual huge stuff, like the Grinch, Les Mis and Sister Act.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.