Daily Rehearsal: 'Stimulated!' from Les Enfants Terribles closes
1. Monday nights this fall at The ComedySportz Theatre bring back 100-Proof Comedy and The Chaser. The Chaser is open mic, the 100-Proof is people who presumably get paid. Hosted by
2. Remy Bumppo is starting their 2011-12 season off right with their annual Season Salon on August 29. This year's event will include WBEZ's own Dueling Critics as moderators, with local Chicago arts scenesters Peter Taub, Timothy Douglas and Daniel Desormeaux as panelists. They'll be discussing "human transformations born from the Civil War, Civil Rights and Civil Disobedience." Other additions TBA, and if you'd like to eat before heading to the Greenhouse, Vietnamese restaurant Simply It is offering a delightful pre-fixe menu.
3. Stimulated! from Les Enfants Terribles closed this weekend at Strawdog. TimeOut got to it just under the wire, and said it was a "very funny, very tight show" and that the people "seem rather painfully accurate reflections, the raw truth under unflattering lighting, instead of the selves we’re more frequently shown, in candlelight and mirrors smeared with the Vaseline of target marketing and/or the haze of a few drinks, too much coffee, maybe harder stuff, and likes on our statuses." Yowza.
4. The cast of The Addams Family Musical traveling show has been announced -- notable among them is Douglas Sills, who was recently in White Noise. He'll be playing Gomez.
5. Make all your little girl ballerina dreams come true: auditions for the The Great Russian Nutcracker will culminate in dancers performing with the Moscow Ballet in December at the Rosemont Theatre. Dancers must be ages 7-17, no more than five feet tall and have two years of ballet training. They're at the Southport Performing Arts Conservatory (SPACE) at the end of August, so drag your child along, or squeeze yourself into that tutu.
Questions? Tips? Email email@example.com.