This Tuesday, Feb. 2, when you’re waiting for Punxsutawney Phil to determine the fate of this dreary Chicago winter, you can head over to Smoke Daddy for $2 drink specials.
If six more weeks of winters are predicted, Smoke Daddy will serve hot spiked cider drinks for $2 and if an early spring is in our future, then John Daly cocktails will be served (a blend of Jeremiah Weed Sweet Tea Vodka and Lemonade). Every Tuesday, Smoke Daddy also has $6 pulled-meat nachos.
From 7-9 p.m. Smoke Daddy will host its weekly beer tasting featuring beer from Two Brothers Brewing Company.
Then on Wednesday Feb. 3, embrace the finer things in life and head over to Vie for their tasting tour of black truffles from France, in a one-night only special tasting menu. Dinner will start at 6 p.m. and will include a menu featuring black truffles from the Perigord region of France which is known for its deep, earthy flavor.
The menu includes:
- Edelweiss Creamery emmenthaler fondue and black truffle carpaccio
- Moose Island scallops with black truffle vol-au-vent.
- Truffled lobster en papillote (wrapped and baked in parchment)
- Au Bon Canard foie gras with black truffles and Chƒ¢teau Montifaud cognac,
- Chicken and truffle Scotch egg
- Hawks Hill Elk Ranch elk tenderloin with salsify, port and truffle sauce.
- Honey and truffle butter with truffle chiboust and black walnut-truffle nougatine.
Dinner costs $210 per person with optional wine pairings for an additional $50. Reservations are required and can be made by calling 708-246-2082