Monday Foodie Forecast: Is it specialty drink week?
They say all good things come in threes, and this certainly is the case on Mondays at Tizi Melloul.
Known for its sophisticated Middle Eastern and Moroccan fare, the restaurant is offering a variety of drinks and food for $3, a deal that's both delicious and easy on the wallet. Every Monday, Tizi has a $3 martini menu for its bar and lounge. You can choose from the following five martinis:
- Classic Martini: Vodka, vermouth and olive juice
- Peach Fez: Vodka, peach schnapps, orange juice and cranberry juice
- Strawberry Martini: vodka, strawberry liquor and pineapple juice
- Moroccan: vodka, amaretto and orange juice
- Mint Chocolate: crƒ¨me de cacao, Irish crƒ¨me, crƒ¨me de menthe and vodka
You can also try Tizi's weekday tapas menus with small plates ranging from $3 to $6. The menu changes weekly, but this week's menu includes:
- Grilled shrimp skewers with micro green salad and white lime vinaigrette
- Piquillo peppers stuffed with seasoned goat cheese
- White wine and garlic mussels
- House French fries with shallot aioli
This week also marks the last week of Tizi's January customer appreciation month. For $10 you'll get Casa Lager, a Moroccan imported lager and two chef's choice of appetizers including Feta Crisps -- Feta and egg purée fried in phyllo dough, served with a spicy apricot glaze as well as a baked goat-cheese stuffed piquillo pepper.
Even though the restaurant has been around for more than a decade, the Suhail-designed space still makes you feel like you've stepped into a scene from the Arabian Nights, via the big city.‚ It's great place for happy hour or just a date.
Calling all fans of domestic specialty beers: you'll want to head over to the Motel Bar tomorrow, the 26th, for "Beerscool," hosted by Windy City Distributing.
For $30, you can sample featured American craft beers, light appetizers and an entrée while learning about domestic specialty/craft beers.
"Beerscool" is in session on the last Tuesday of every month. On the 26th, you'll learn about porters and stouts but future classes include Irish beers, lagers, summer ales, weissbiers and pilsners. Windy City Distribution, which supplies the Chicagoland area with more than 30 specialty and craft beers from around the world, will be hosting the event. You can RSVP by calling the Motel Bar at 312-822-2900.