WTWIYC/WTWOYC for Friday, August 10, 2012
We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
This is the last one of these!
- It's the women's gold medal field hockey game! At 2 p.m.! This may be the only time I ever use an exclaimation point for field hockey!
- The men's open-water swim is at 6 a.m.
Sigh. Let's start the four stages of grief:
- Taekwondo finals at 2 p.m. could be cool.
- More track and field, like the pole vault and the hammer throw, all at 1:00 p.m.
I can't even imagine being at acceptance:
- Oh man rhythmic gymnastics but this time it's the the individual all-around for clubs and ribbons, and three ribbons and two hoops for groups. All at 6 a.m.
But it will be nice to actually get something done at work:
- Wrestling has a lot of categories, but there's gold at 11:45 a.m.