WTWIYC/WTWOYC for Friday, August 3, 2012
We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
Week one wraps up and the tides begin to shift:
- There's men's trampoline final at 8 a.m. Like, what?
- Women's preliminary matches for water polo at 12:20 p.m. are Great Britain vs. Italy and China vs. the United States.
- Women's diving starts, with preliminaries of the 3m springboard, which NBC notes features "Americans Christina Loukas and Cassidy Krug." The best way to not only learn about them is probably to watch it live, at 8:30 a.m.
But fear not, swimming is still holding on:
- Tyler McGill of Champaign swims in the 100m butterfly finals at 1:30 p.m. Check out his Twitter feed; he's a sweetie and excited. Other events: women's 200m backstroke and 800m freestyle finals, and the men's 50m free.
- Track and field gears up today, with finals in shotput and women's 10,000 m. There's a few Illinoisians in this round.
And we can only hope this stuff is recapped later:
- USA plays Serbia in volleyball; hopefully they do okay but just in case, speed through it with Bob Costas.
- Quarterfinals for women's soccer have begun and roll all day.
This is happening though:
- So much table tennis, all day.