WTWIYC/WTWOYC for Thursday, August 2, 2012
We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
Are you getting tired yet?
- The NBC Olympic's website calls this "the most important men's volleyball Group B preliminary-round matchup." Basically, the USA goes up against Brazil, who they haven't seen since 2008 in the finals. It starts at 2 p.m.
- Great Britain and the USA in men's waterpolo at 12:20 p.m.
I hope not: This is what's UP
- Women's archery! It's gold medal time and this is when you should get serious. Quarterfinals, semifinals and finals all start at 8 a.m.
- Women's all-around final for gymnastics. It's almost over. You'll get through it. 10:30 a.m.
- 1:30 p.m. brings the women's 200m breaststroke and 100m freestyle as well as the men's 200m backstroke and 200m IM, the last of which should be REAL exciting. Additionally, Tyler McGill of Champaign will be doing the semifinals in the 100m butterfly.
There are, last time I checked, a few Illinois atheletes were in this one
- Rowing finals all start at 3:30 a.m. our time, so let's hope they get recapped in primetime.
- What is a "Lucky Loser" handball match in the Olympics? Whatever it is, it starts at 2 p.m.