WTWIYC/WTWOYC for Tuesday, August 3, 2012
We know you have a job or school or a life outside of these Olympic games, but it doesn't really feel like it right now, does it? So, like the winners we are, we've outlined a few events you should catch everyday in what we're calling What to Watch in Your Cube/What to Watch on Your Couch (WTWIYC/WTWOYC). All times CDT and we've primarily focused on the USA because, well, where do we live?
There's no "No" in "I want to watch it at work":
- The USA is dominating basketball, STILL. Watch the women in the quarterfinals against Canada at 8 a.m., if you're an early riser.
- Semifinals for men's and women's volleyball roll mostly all day today.
There's no "No" in "I will no matter what":
- The actual end of gymnastics is today, with men's parallel bars and high bar and women's balance beam and floor all at 8 a.m.
- Does this not sound amazing?: "The synchronized swimming duet event concludes with a free routine (final)." Free synchonized swimming = utter chaos in my imagination.
- More track finals at 12:50 p.m.
Something to motivate you at the gym if you were good and made it there:
- The men's 3m springboard diving final will be so much easier to understand in primetime when they make it abundantly clear who you're supposed to be rooting for.
- DRESSAGE. The best name. However, it's at 4 a.m. our time.
- Sailing medals at 6 a.m.
Just too tiring to even bother:
- Triathalon at 5 a.m. Yeah, that'll go on for awhile.