2014 Election Coverage: Citizens, here's your homework!
We’re trying to make it a little easier for you to stay up-to-speed this election season. This is a hub for Illinois voters to study up on the issues and candidates before voting on (or before) Nov. 4.
On election night, we're hosting a live watch party in Chicago with hosts Niala Boodhoo and Melba Lara. If you can't make it to the party, join us that night @WBEZPolitics to get the latest updates.
Here's who we'll have covering races on election night:
- Tony Arnold will cover Democratic incumbent Illinois Governor Pat Quinn.
- Lauren Chooljian will cover Republican gubernatorial challenger Bruce Rauner.
- Michael Puente will cover Democratic incumbent Illinois Senator Dick Durbin.
- Yolanda Perdomo will cover Republican Senate challenger Jim Oberweis.
- Katie O'Brien will cover the 10th congressional district race between Democratic incumbent Brad Schneider and Republican challenger Bob Dold.
- The health problems facing Illinois' urban and rural poor
- How state government could take over your school
- Picking up the pieces after budget cuts shut down a center for people with disabilities