Burger King twit-hacked; Wendy's: 'We have an alibi'
* Bogus tweets deleted by day's end, followed by "Interesting day here at BURGER KING ..."
* No prank: OfficeMax, Office Depot could merge.
'I'VE HEARD ALL KINDS OF CRITICS SAYING THE WHITE HOUSE PRESS CORPS IS WHINING ABOUT A GOLF GAME AND VIOLATING THE PRESIDENT'S PRIVACY.' But the president of the White House Correspondents Association says "nothing could be further from the truth" in the complaints over reporters' lack of access to the president during his golf outing with Tiger Woods.
* Indication the president just doesn't care so much about his image in this second term?
* Big tobacco and anti-cancer activists agree: One part of Obama's Affordable Health Care Act is not a good idea.
* Hillary Clinton now available to speak at your next birthday party or bar mitzvah -- for "fees well into the six figures."
* Chicago magazine's Carol Felsenthal: Late jockeying could tilt race to replace Jesse Jackson Jr. toward Ald. Anthony Beale.
* Halvorsen accuses NYC Mayor Bloomberg of trying to buy race.
SURE, NOW. NASA and other organizations are scrambling for better ways to detect incoming space-borne objects like the meteorite that hit Russia last week -- reportedly the biggest to enter Earth's atmosphere in more than 100 years.
* Wall Street Journal: Fireball unleashed more than 30 times Hiroshima atomic bomb's energy.
* Whedon previously explored high-tech government agency milieu with "Cabin in the Woods."
* NFL player arrested on charges of carrying a handgun in luggage at NYC airport.
* Suggestions for this blog? Email anytime.
* Get this blog by email, free. Sign up here.
* Follow us on Twitter: @WBEZ and @Meyerson.
* Looking for the most recent WBEZ Meyerson News Quiz? Here you go.
* And if you missed the on-air quiz experience during yesterday's "Morning Shift" on WBEZ, here it is. (Quiz fun begins around 2:55 in.)