Concurrent Roundtables on Cross-Border Infrastructure Challenges in the Great Lakes Megaregion: Transportation
During this all-day symposium, Chicago's Metropolitan Planning Council and New York's Regional work to identify and prioritize strategic investments in transportation, water, and energy to be included in a national infrastructure plan, authorization of a new surface transportation bill, pending climate change legislation, and implementation of the Great Lakes Compact.
This recording includes a roundtable that focuses on transportation issues in the Great Lakes megaregion; participants include:
* Michael McLaughlin, Deputy Chief of Staff for Federal Affairs, Chicago Transit Authority
* Maureen McAvey, Executive VP, Infrastructure Initiatives, Urban Land Institute
* Ilana Preuss, Director of Campaign Partnerships, T 4 America
* Rob Puentes, Fellow, Metropolitan Policy Program, Brookings Institution
* Moderator: Petra Todorovich, Director, America 2050
* Concurrent Roundtables on Cross-Border Infrastructure Challenges in the Great Lakes Megaregion: Energy
* Rebuilding & Renewing America: MPOs in the Great Lakes Megaregion
* Rebuilding and Renewing America: Report out from the Roundtables and Closing Remarks
Recorded Monday, November 17, 2008 at Hyatt Regency Chicago.