Daily Rehearsal: Chicago theater 6/22
1. Steppenwolf's oh-so-frequent blog has a new post! It's by Steppenwolf patron and architect Joseph Altshuler. He's written about public and private spaces, his de[FENCING] project for his firm, and Detriot, which closed in November. Let me know if you understand the rest of it, because it's a little esoteric and it's going over my head.
2. WE LIVE HERE starts rehearsals this weekend; Margot Bordelon and Cassy Sanders of Theatre Seven culled together stories from writers in Chicago to shape their play. It was workshopped at Lookingglass last year, and they're bringing it back starting in August, at least according to Scott Barsotti, whose piece is part of the eight author series.
3. Educating Rita opened in previews yesterday at Chicago Dramatists, and opens for real this weekend. Presented by Shattered Globe Theatre, which works to bring global theater to the US, Willy Russell's play looks at a British student who finds an interest for her professor and in school at the same time.
4. If you missed Avenue Q, see Felt at iO tonight -- more puppets, and it's also not suitable for children.
5. Tomorrow at Annoyance is Messing With A Friend, and it's literally Susan Messing with a different friend every time. You'll see "a fearless long-form show inspired by a single audience suggestion," says The A.V. Club.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.