Daily Rehearsal: Nathan Lane in 'The Iceman Cometh'
1. Biggest news of the week? The Goodman is doing The Iceman Cometh with Nathan Lane. The Iceman Cometh is not about a man who brings ice to homes, in case you were wondering. It is about a traveling salesman who gets sober and tries to make everyone around him do the same. Lane told Chris Jones, "I am not thinking of this as some pre-Broadway tryout. I just want it to be good in Chicago." You're going to have to wait awhile -- tickets aren't available until March.
2. There's a new theaterish blog on the street -- the Chicago Theater Addict aka Bob Bullen is now writing for the Chicago Convention & Tourism Bureau. Did you not know that they had a blog? Neither did anyone; it appears so fresh that they're still rocking a pretty basic Wordpress format. Ah, growing pains.
3. The Joffrey ballet appears to have ended their lockout -- for now. Perhaps it was the pressure of a potential leafleting session tomorrow in front of the Joffrey that pushed the Company into action. The dancers announced on their Facebook page late yesterday that "late this afternoon, AGMA and the Joffrey Ballet reached a tentative agreement. The Dancers will start taking class on Monday and Stage Managers will resume their normal schedule on Monday as well. The next step in the process is for the Dancers and AGMA's Board of Governors to ratify the agreement."
4. Pinkalicious: The Musical is running at Emerald City Playhouse, and it may remind you of an extra-special episode of The Magic School Bus: "When Pinkalicious Pinkerton eats one too many pink cupcakes, she catches a serious case of "Pinkititis" and turns pink from head to toe!" Remember when Arnold ate too many Seaweedies and turned orange from all the carotene and the class went into his body?
5. Orny Adams is at Improv comedy club on Saturday at 7 and 9:15 pm. The A.V. Club says that, "Adams’ rapid-fire delivery hits all of the right beats, but it only partially glosses over pandering, bromidic bits on outsourcing customer service or the hilarity of prescription pill side effects.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.