Daily Rehearsal: The Beckoning of the Lovely beckons one last time
1. Victory Gardens have appointed Geoffrey Jackson Scott Director of New Play Development -- a new position, where he help "to further develop Victory Gardens as the home to bold voices of world premiere theater." Jackson Scott comes from New York Theatre Workshop, where he was a Literary Associate. “We are extremely pleased to have Geoffrey complete our artistic staff and return to his hometown of Chicago. I've loved working and collaborating with him on new plays for many years. I know he will bring his immeasurable experience, commitment and passion for new theatre work to Victory Gardens,” said Chay Yew. And they say there are no jobs!
2. The schedule for the live filming of The Dinner Party from Fear No Art has been posted, where WBEZ contributor Elysabeth Alfano hosts three artists and a celebrity chef to have dinner at the Mayne Stage on the last Monday of every month. This month's lineup includes artist Tony Fitzpatrick, musician Jon Langford, Jeff Award winning director Rachel Rockwell, with chef Homaro Cantu of Moto and iNG.
3. Corn Gives You VD…Again and Again and Again and Again! Yeah, that's what this show is called. It's "an evening of sex and relationship related sketch comedy and improv along with an open bar and wonderful dessert buffet all to screw with Cupid and his like and to make you feel justified in celebrating the most Hated Hallmark Holiday your way……getting drunk, laughing, and eating chocolate ‘til you puke… ahhhh romance!" Wow. It's going down -- when else -- February 14.
4. This is the final installment of Amy K-R's The Beckoning of Lovely project; the first one happened at the Bean in Millennium Park on 8/8/08. I can tell you the 11/11/11 gathering below was slightly colder than the first had been.
5. National Pastime, which we recently learned had been losing its space to Profiles Theatre, is moving to "the historic Masonic Hall on the forth floor of the Preston Bradley Center at 941 W. Lawrence Ave., Chicago. Who's been there? And who is secretly a Mason, or wants to be? The opening will be on Valentine's Day, when they'll host The Beginning of the Big Time, a jazz benefit where proceeds will go to restoring the space. More details about upcoming projects, and new hires, here.
Questions? Tips? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.